Finally, after some delay, the NW has started!
First I would like to thank some of the people who made this possible: The members of the Safety & Security Committee, Major Scott Moser of the Caroline County Sheriff’s Department (CCSD), The administration team, who through inspiration and advice helped greatly. Thank you to everyone.
We have broken Lake Land’Or into 7 sections: 3 on the Heritage side and 4 on the Land’Or side. We did this because of Land’Or’s size and the complexity of the area. In total, we have 1700 homes and 33 miles of road. No one person could have managed this alone. The maps, streets and lot numbers arc listed for each section, as are the section captains with their phone numbers.
I would like to assure the people of Lake Land’Or that the following plan in no way will decrease our current security. We will have as good or better security than we have now. The NW program will support and enhance our present security system, not take it’s place.
First we need a plan to contact all of the people of Lake Land’Or. We will use three methods:
- Texting from the county Emergency Management System (EMS). There is no cost to you or Lake Land’Or for this service. You will need a cell phone that receives text messages.
- Your phone number for a phone tree.
- Your email address.
Second, Volunteer to do something!
- Help your section captains. They will have a lot of work to do in the next few months.
- Be the eyes and cars.
- Adopt an elderly person.
- Help look out for the children.
- Be on Roving Patrol (must have training by CCSD - times and dates determined later)
- Be on Beach & Pool patrol. (CCSD training needed)
- Think of other ways you could help.
Please sign up, we need your help!
One last thing - the most important part of the NW is the building of a sense of community and looking out for each other.
Jason Eckles & John Copeland